Looks like a little rain and clouds this year

I hope not, but even though we’re paid up for the 12th through the 16th, I think I’m staying home. The forecast is complete cloud and rain out. I really hope not, for those who go.

Also I guess this gets me wanting to get my OKC Astro Club and CRO memberships going again. Been too long since I’ve been under the stars.

I really hope it is a great year at Okie-Tex. I hope me not going brings luck to all those who do.

This for the Kenton area.

And just for the record this all probably my fault. I splurged and got a new scope and complete ASIAir setup. New toys always bring clouds.

1 Like

Nice rig! Are you sure you won’t reconsider?

1 Like

The forecasts I use, Astrospheric and Weather Underground, aren’t as pessimistic as the one you posted. However they agree that Sunday though Wednesday are probably not going to be good. But the only thunderstorms they predict are on Monday. At least the last time I checked. Going to bed now. Will re-check them later.

The pre-party folks have had great nights of perfect skies. And it looks like the first two nights will be good. The last couple may be good, too.

I figure if we get 50% or more good nights, it’s a successful party!

3 Likes

The guy I go with, Ed, is a weather guy. So he may talk me into going. I kinda hope so, but ug, muddy tents are no fun.

Got my fingers crossed.

I was there on 2018 for the complete rain out. Woke up in a flooded tent one night.

This looks like mother nature giving us the finger. :rofl:

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Okie-Tex Star Party History

Showed your picture of the weather to the group here. They all got a kick out of it. Tonight is still gorgeous! But forecasts aren’t good.

2 Likes