STEM solar viewing and Eclipse event request

#Edmond elementary school Washington Irving near corner of Western and 178th (Edmond Rd.) Is having a presentation in the morning for all 5th grade math/science classes on April 8th. I’ll be giving the presentation and have my CX8 SCT scope there. If you aren’t already heading to TX or Idabel then please consider on assisting in this STEM event if you are available.

Name of Location: Washington Irving elementary
Time 8:15 am. Eclipse viewing 1pm - 2:30
Address of location: 18101 N Western Ave, Edmond, OK 73012
Let me know if you can attend. I’ll follow up shortly with a rain/cloudy alternate date.

Randy Collica

There will be an evening STEM event for the 5th graders at Washing Irving elementary school on Friday April 12th from 8 (dusk) until 9 or 9:30. The location is:

Name of Location: Washington Irving elementary
Date: Friday April 12th
Time: 8 (dusk) until 9 or 9:30
Address of location: 18101 N Western Ave, Edmond, OK 73012
Let me know if you can attend. It should be nice weather according to the forecast. If the forecast goes sour, then we’ll reschedule.

Randy Collica

1 Like

So at the STEM event at Washington Irving elementary I gave a slide presentation on what astronomers do and the 5th grade class was able to view the sun with some sun spots. I also had some of them view the solar eclipse too. Attached are three phases I captured.

2 Likes

So, on April 12th there was a second telescope viewing for anyone in the Washington Irving school and a number of parents and children came out (about 15-20 in all). Attached are a couple of images from the early evening’s viewings.

Sorry, Randy. I dropped the ball on this. I should have put it on the calendar and publicized it more to get you some help. Thanks your for supporting this and representing the club!

Nice images!