OKCAC Member Night at CRO - December 16th

Member night at CRO on Saturday, Dec 16th.

Sunset is at 5:22pm and the moon sets at 9:30pm.

If you’re planning to come out, please post on here that you are coming.

If you want to be guided to CRO, please post here and check back to see if a CRO member can meet and guide you. CRO members, please post what time you can meet any members needing guides. Please make arrangements to meet directly with whoever will be guiding you.

Remember to dress for temperatures 20 degrees colder than the temperature in the city. We also have a place to warm up and hot drinks if you do get cold.

As an alternative to asking for a guide, directions to CRO can be had by searching for “Cheddar Ranch Observatory, Watonga, OK” in either Apple Maps or Google Maps.

Forecast is looking excellent for Saturday night! Clear and calm, if a bit chilly.

1 Like

I am unable to make it tonight. Stay warm!

I will not be out this evening, have fun!

I will be attending a company christmas party tonight. I hope yall have some good views

The forecasts are still indicating almost perfect conditions tonight, for this time of year, at least. Clear, almost no wind, and the Moon only 19% and low until it sets at 2130.

I’ll have the observatory open by sunset, maybe a bit earlier. Com’on out to the last Member Night of 2023! Dress warmly, and wear shoes that you don’t mind picking stickers off the bottoms before you wear them into your house!

I’m bringing all my EA scopes if you want to see them in action. Including the new Seestar, which is selling like wildfire, and is now available again in most of the online stores!

Running late. Will be there about 6:10.

CRO IS OPEN! Clear and calm.