OCCC Astronomy Club - Night Sky Viewing

OCCC Astronomy Club - Night Sky Viewings
Fall Semester starting September 17th
Oklahoma City Community College - John Massey Center Fields
OCCC, SW 81st St. OKC, OK 73159
35.385023, -97.566880

Update: first meeting will be 9/15.

The OCCC Astronomy Club will be starting our meetings back up for the Fall semester. We would be happy to have anyone that wants to come lend some knowledge to students and sky watch with us.

We will be in the fields across from the John Massey center on OCCC campus and will have some Dobs set up. This will be a monthly occurrence starting September 15th, 2026 until December. Days may update due to weather. As we get closer, I will update this post with exact dates and times.

2 Likes

Our first viewing is tomorrow night!

2 Likes

What time are you starting?

2 Likes

7:00. Sun goes down around 7:30.

1 Like

I will get there by 7.

2 Likes

I can try to be there by 7:30 . Will bring a 6SE wirh StarsSense.

Should be a good viewing night. No guarantees.

1 Like

Is parking close to the observing area?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

We would love for you to join us! :blush: And yes, parking is directly next to the field.

A big thank you to Gerald, Jim, and Marv for coming out to support the OCCC Astronomy Club last night!

It was a tad windy, but otherwise almost perfect weather. We had 8-10 (maybe more) OCCC club members there, and we had a great time helping them to enjoy viewing the universe!

Thanks, Bobie, for inviting us!

1 Like

Thank you for coming out. All of you. It was an absolutely amazing meeting. I’m looking to see what weather does, then I’ll post the exact date of our next one. :slight_smile:

1 Like