Member Night at CRO - June 8

The second member night at CRO in March is on Saturday, June 8.

Sunset is at 2049 (8:49pm). Nautical twilight begins at 2119. Astronomical twilight begins at 2156. Twilight ends and true night begins at 2237.

The moon sets at 2324 (11:24PM) and is a Wacxing Crescent (8.3%).

Check the weather forecasts and check back here to ensure it will be good viewing weather and CRO will be open.

If anyone is coming that can open the 14” or 30” scopes, please post on here that you will be attending and it will be open.

If you’re planning to come out, please post on here that you are coming. I will not be in state, so please ensure that a CRO member posts on here that they will have CRO open for all members!

If you want to be guided to CRO, please post here and check back to see if a CRO member can meet and guide you. CRO members, please post what time you can meet any members needing guides. Please make arrangements to meet directly with whoever will be guiding you.

The location of the observatory is also now searchable in both Google Maps and Apple Maps. Search for Cheddar Ranch Observatory, Watonga, OK, and it should appear and give you directions if you want. It might also appear in your GPS app/program.

Clear and dark skies!

2 Likes

I will not be able to make it out to this one.

2 Likes

I’m keeping an eye on the weather. Looks favorable until around 11.

Even a few hours out there would be nice

1 Like

I probably will not be making the trip this time.

The weather is looking iffy. The hardest forecasts to decide whether to go out or not. I will not be going out (still too busy with my move), but it looks like several members may be going.

CRO members, please confirm that you are going tonight and will have the observatory open! (nothing else is required of you; opening it up for non-CRO members is all you have to do).

Non-CRO members, please confirm it will be open before you drive all the way out there!

The forecast is calling for partly cloudy skies with moderate winds. But that’s about the same forecast we had last night for First Friday, and it turned out to be great! Oklahoma spring weather. Gotta love it, or you’ll go nuts.

Yard work has worn me out today. I will be staying home and testing out some things for my cgem mount if the skys are clear enough.

Forecasts seem to be improving a bit. Partly cloudy at sunset and really doesn’t get worse until after midnight. Not sure about the wind. One app I have says it will be pretty strong, but another says it will be about 10mph, which is not too bad.

I’m planning on going out tonight and will give an update later to confirm. I’ll leave Edmond around 7 and get there around 830pm and will be in the roll on roll off room with the telescope.

I’ll be leaving CRO before midnight.

Thanks, Ben! Hope you get some good viewing tonight!

1 Like

I will be heading out in about an hour and should be there around 830.

Skycam shows lots of cloud cover @ 8. More coming. Hope you can get some observing in.

How’s the grass length?

Theee might be a few sections of clear sky. Tonigh. Grass length isn’t too bad, maybe 4 inches tall.

Thanks, Ben. You’re in the rolloff roof observatory, so hopefully can get some viewing for your trip!

Plenty of rain and no mowing lately.

Thinking of coming out Wednesday night for some viewing. We’ll see.

1 Like

Closing up CRO for the evening. Saw a few objects but there seems to be a lot more clouds than NWS and Astrospheric predicted / show.

1 Like

Sorry you didn’t see more, Ben. But thanks for opening CRO up on a Member Night! You get an Attaboy! for that!

1 Like