CANCELLED: First Friday Public Observing Night - 3 May 2024

CANCELLED! The forecasts are calling for mostly cloudy and it doesn’t look like they’ll be much observing tonight.

The next First Friday Public Observing Night be held at 7pm on May 3, 2024.

Weather permitting, we’ll meet at Arbor Gardens Park, 1695 SW 34th St, in Moore, towards the east end of the parking lot, near the walkway.

I will notify the Moore Parks Dept and ask they open the indoor toilets for us.

This event is for both club members to get together to observe in the metro area, and for prospective members and the general public.

Please check back here the afternoon of May 3 to see if the weather will cooperate. The long range forecast is “Widely scattered showers or a thunderstorm early. Then partly cloudy. Low 56F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.”

We’ll try to hold it if it’s partly cloudy, depending on wind and percentage of cloud cover, but we’ll definitely cancel if completely overcast.

1 Like

I really hope the weather behaves. I just had emergency gallbladder surgery last Monday, and it would be wonderful to get to do some observing after all this. Plus, i got my scope back from school… finally…

1 Like

How is it looking down in Moore? It looks like there might be a small window around the start time. I think I’m going to pass on this one.

1 Like

It was calling for rain at five, now it isn’t

But it’s cloudier again from the west. Broken clouds to the S. E

One app I have says mostly cloudy all evening in Moore. The other shows there might be a window of some partly cloudy before sunset, but the clouds will move in again starting around sunset.

I cannot make it in any case, but it looks to me like a bust. We will try again next month! Hopefully I’ll have finished moving in by then and I should be able to make it!

1 Like

Don’t work too hard Mitche

Thanks, Rachel, but way too late for that sentiment… :sweat:

1 Like