CANCELLED: First Friday Jan 5, 2024

Due to all the weather apps I have calling for completely overcast tomorrow evening, I’m going to cancel this event earlier rather than later. Hopefully we’ll have better luck in February!

The first First Friday event of 2024 will be held at 7pm on Jan 5.

Weather permitting, we’ll meet at Arbor Gardens Park, 1695 SW 34th St, in Moore, towards the east end of the parking lot, near the walkway.

Last month the Moore Parks Dept had the indoor toilets open for us and I’ll try to ensure they’re open this month, too.

This event is for both club members to get together to observe in the metro area, and for prospective members and the general public.

Please check back here the afternoon of Jan 5 to see if the weather will cooperate. we’ll try to hold it if it’s partly cloudy, depending on wind and percentage of cloud cover, but we’ll definitely cancel if completely overcast.

It will be cold, so dress very warmly! As Dave always says, dress for 20 deg colder than the actual temperature.

My wife and I are planning to come as of right now, work and weather permitting. But we’re going to eat dinner at Rib Crib first. Probably be there about 5:30 or so. https://maps.app.goo.gl/iKoG6TxFFpGYaWRH9

I’ll be in Stroud, OK on Friday evening and heading back Saturday afternoon.

The forecasts are unanimous in that it will be completely cloudy tomorrow night, so I’m going to cancel this one early. Hopefully February will be better!

Brand new member here - was looking forward to it as the park is very close to my house. I suppose my first event will be the club meeting next week.

Yeah, understandable, I was hoping to get out tonight too. We’ll see you next Friday and WELCOME!