CANCELED: St. Crispin’s Camp Outreach in Wewoka, 29 May

This has been canceled due to forecasts of poor weather tonight, and tomorrow night.

Sooner SUCCESS is hosting a Sibling Camp for kids with disabilities and their typical siblings on May 29-31, at St. Crispin’s Camp and Conference Center in Wewoka OK (approx. 1hr east of OKC). We wanted to offer star gazing on Wed May 29th from 8:30pm-10:00pm. Would this be something that the OK Astronomy Club could come and bring equipment and assist the kids with. We would have volunteers to help with the kids also.
Thanks so much!!!

If you can help support this, please let me know by posting on here or messenging me. We can set up 30-60 min beforehand. Come prepared for night viewing, as sunset is at 8:33. Even if you don’t bring any equipment, we can always use folks to just talk to the kids and camp staff about astronomy.

The location is at St. Crispin’s Conference Center + Camp
36302 SH-9, Wewoka, OK 74884, about an hour east of OKC, depending on where you start from.

1 Like

I’m glad to join you Mike!

Thanks, Ed! If we can get one or two more we should have it covered. I’m assuming this is similar to Camp Clap Hands, and those are always great.