About the Solar Eclipse category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

I asked for a separate category for threads about the 2024 Total Solar Eclipse, and here it is! I asked for it because it’s going to be a MAJOR astronomy event in 2024 and I think it’ll be easier for folks just looking for information on the eclipse to find it this way.

I will, and others should, post any requests for club assistance for the eclipse here. Or any other topics specific to the eclipse. All other club events will continue to be under the general category of “Events.”

Mitche,

I seem to have lost the website I had that showed the path of the eclipse. Do you have any links to such websites? I’m planning to drive down for the eclipse.

Bill,
Here’s a link to NASA’s map of the 2024 eclipse path (that they keep updated.)

And a lower resolution image for convenience:

Where to post eclipse outcomes? By location? Club, non-club? Seems like the results could have their own thread. Or not?

I had a neighborhood party.

I just created a topic for eclipse images under the Solar Eclipse sub-category.