Forecasts aren’t the best. I think we could work around the clouds, but the winds at 5 are supposed to be about 17-20mph. Very strong for portable telescopes. They’ll gradually die as the evening wears on, and the clouds will clear, but great viewing conditions aren’t predicted until 10-11. Donno if I’ll still be there then or not. Even if I stay out that late, and I might, I’ll probably move down to Bluff Creek Park for any late night viewing. It’s a MUCH nicer place to observe from. Too bad we couldn’t hold it last night. The weather was near perfect!
I’m still planning to get there around 5 or so. I’ll put up the sign, unless the wind blows it away, and talk to folks as they walk by.
If you come out, be sure and bring a coat, hat and maybe gloves! It’s got chilly enough last night I needed a jacket.
There were 5 of us, well, 6 with the 2.5 foot tall member with his first ever camera (every membership is a family membership!), at First Friday tonight. About an hour after sunset we decided it was too cloudy, too windy, and too chilly to stand around talking too long. It’s still forecasted to clear about 11-midnight, but we didn’t want to wait that long for better conditions.
Unfortunately I didn’t check on here to see if any more were coming at the last minute or I would have stayed a bit longer to be sure to be there when you showed up!